Up Carbide Cap Lamps Prev Next Slideshow

 Previous image  Next image  Index page  Original Image [Brite-Lite American Bulldog RSide.JPG - 848kB]
Brilliant Search Light Head Lamp Marking
Brilliant Search Light Second Burner Tip and Holder
Brilliant Search Light Inside
Harker Bull Dog Ad in Nov 1917 Mining Congress Journal
Brite-Lite American Bulldog LSide
  Brite-Lite American Bulldog RSide.JPG - HARKER BRITE-LITE AMERICAN BULL DOG - Brite-Lite American Bull Dog Lamp #150, black painted finish, complete with cap braces and brace lock, manufactured by Harker Mfg. Co., Cincinnati, OH, marked on top with OFF and ON, ca. 1917, no other markings, has top water control lever and oval water door; ex-Leo Stambaugh and ex-Steve Rush collections, pictured on pg. 427 in Poh’s book   [The history of this lamp all starts with Arphad Snell who patented a lamp in 1911 and arranged with a fellow named Charles Hoppe to manufacture the lamp (Snell lamp) in his metal shop.  Mr. Hoppe eventually moved to Cincinnati and made the Snell lamp for a couple years till Mr. Hoppe started manufacturing an improved lamp in 1914 called the  Ever-Ready. Between 1914 and 1916, Mr. Hoppe produced a lamp called the Hoppe Brite-Lite that continued to evolve from the Ever-Ready.  In 1916, the Harker Mfg. Co. bought out the Hoppe metal shop and continued to manufacture the Hoppe Brite-Lite.  In 1917, Mr. Hoppe's name was dropped and the lamp as shown here was marked Harker Mfg. Co.  Sometime during the early 1920's (not quite clear), the Harker lamps were phased out and that was that.]  
Brite-Lite American Bulldog Back
Harker Brite-Lite American Bulldog Bottom
Daylight LSide
Daylight RSide
Daylight Top

Brite-Lite American Bulldog RSide | HARKER BRITE-LITE AMERICAN BULL DOG - Brite-Lite American Bull Dog Lamp #150, black painted finish, complete with cap braces and brace lock, manufactured by Harker Mfg. Co., Cincinnati, OH, marked on top with OFF and ON, ca. 1917, no other markings, has top water control lever and oval water door; ex-Leo Stambaugh and ex-Steve Rush collections, pictured on pg. 427 in Poh’s book [The history of this lamp all starts with Arphad Snell who patented a lamp in 1911 and arranged with a fellow named Charles Hoppe to manufacture the lamp (Snell lamp) in his metal shop. Mr. Hoppe eventually moved to Cincinnati and made the Snell lamp for a couple years till Mr. Hoppe started manufacturing an improved lamp in 1914 called the Ever-Ready. Between 1914 and 1916, Mr. Hoppe produced a lamp called the Hoppe Brite-Lite that continued to evolve from the Ever-Ready. In 1916, the Harker Mfg. Co. bought out the Hoppe metal shop and continued to manufacture the Hoppe Brite-Lite. In 1917, Mr. Hoppe's name was dropped and the lamp as shown here was marked Harker Mfg. Co. Sometime during the early 1920's (not quite clear), the Harker lamps were phased out and that was that.] Download Original Image
Total images: 757 | Last update: 11/16/17 11:51 AM | Help