Up Carbide Hand Lamps Prev Next Slideshow

 Previous image  Next image  Index page  Original Image [ITP with Bail RSide.jpg - 920kB]
ITP Wet Hand Lamp Back
ITP Wet Hand Lamp Bottom II
Dewar Ad 1921 Keystone Mining Catalogue
ITP with Bail LSide
ITP with Bail Front
  ITP with Bail RSide.jpg - ITP WITH BAIL - Dewar model No. 150 supt. hand lamp with handles, bail, and hook; nickel plated brass; 5 1/4 in. to top of water control and 7 1/4 in. to topof bail; bottom marked ITP IT’S TROUBLE PROOF PAT. AUG.8, 1916; 6 hr. burn capacity  (The Dewar Manufacturing Co. of Brooklyn, NY was the producer of the "ITP (It's Trouble Proof)" cap and hand lamps, the "Sun-Ray" cap lamps, and the "Dew-R-Lite" hand lamps.  Dewar was formed around 1914 by Wilbur A. Cochrane, formerly with the John Simmons Co., Francis H. Coffin, formerly with the Scranton Acetylene Lamp Co., and John M. Brock, lamp designer and inventor.  Dewar registered their ITP trademark in 1916 and was already producing its ITP cap and hand lamps.  The ITP brand became linked with the term "Float Feed" which was Brock's 1916 patented device for an automatic water feed.  The Sun-Ray cap lamp was introduced in 1919 by Dewar as an unusual nickel-plated lamp with a number of distinguishing optional features.  These included a matte finish, a cast aluminum "Ha-Mer-It" reflector, a radial-ribbed ornate reflector, the three-position "Han-de-Han-del" carrying bracket and the large diameter "Kra-Ker-Jak" ceramic burner tip.  Dewar was also marketing a number of steel and nickel-plated ITP lamps as shown here and Dewar hand lamps throughout the 1920s.  In 1928, the all-brass Dew-R-Lite hand lamp models No. 204 with handles and No. 206 with bail were introduced by Dewar and sold throughout the 1930s.  Prior to World War II, the Dewar Manufacturing Co. was purchased by the Wolf Safety Lamp Co. of America and Dewar carbide lamp production rapidly tapered off.  See Clemmer, American Miner's Carbide Lamps, p 69 and Thorpe, Carbide Light, pp 49-57)  
ITP with Bail Back
ITP with Bail Bottom
ITP Handles RSide
ITP Handles Front
ITP Handles LSide

ITP with Bail RSide | ITP WITH BAIL - Dewar model No. 150 supt. hand lamp with handles, bail, and hook; nickel plated brass; 5 1/4 in. to top of water control and 7 1/4 in. to top of bail; bottom marked ITP IT’S TROUBLE PROOF PAT. AUG. 8, 1916; 6 hr. burn capacity (The Dewar Manufacturing Co. of Brooklyn, NY was the producer of the "ITP (It's Trouble Proof)" cap and hand lamps, the "Sun-Ray" cap lamps, and the "Dew-R-Lite" hand lamps. Dewar was formed around 1914 by Wilbur A. Cochrane, formerly with the John Simmons Co., Francis H. Coffin, formerly with the Scranton Acetylene Lamp Co., and John M. Brock, lamp designer and inventor. Dewar registered their ITP trademark in 1916 and was already producing its ITP cap and hand lamps. The ITP brand became linked with the term "Float Feed" which was Brock's 1916 patented device for an automatic water feed. The Sun-Ray cap lamp was introduced in 1919 by Dewar as an unusual nickel-plated lamp with a number of distinguishing optional features. These included a matte finish, a cast aluminum "Ha-Mer-It" reflector, a radial-ribbed ornate reflector, the three-position "Han-de-Han-del" carrying bracket and the large diameter "Kra-Ker-Jak" ceramic burner tip. Dewar was also marketing a number of steel and nickel-plated ITP lamps as shown here and Dewar hand lamps throughout the 1920s. In 1928, the all-brass Dew-R-Lite hand lamp models No. 204 with handles and No. 206 with bail were introduced by Dewar and sold throughout the 1930s. Prior to World War II, the Dewar Manufacturing Co. was purchased by the Wolf Safety Lamp Co. of America and Dewar carbide lamp production rapidly tapered off. See Clemmer, American Miner's Carbide Lamps, p 69 and Thorpe, Carbide Light, pp 49-57) Download Original Image
Total images: 359 | Last update: 5/3/17 6:11 PM | Help