Up Miscellaneous Mining Items Prev Next Slideshow

 Previous image  Next image  Index page  Original Image [Braun 15 oz Silver Mold Top.JPG - 2.3MB]
Gem Oil Cadger
German Mining Sword
German Mining Sword Hilt
German Mining Sword Makers Mark
014
  Braun 15 oz Silver Mold Top.JPG - BRAUN 15 OZ SILVER MOLD - Iron gold and silver bar mold, marked F. W. BRAUN CO. along bottom edge with 15 OZ S. 28 OZ G. along top edge, outside measurements 4 3/4 in. long by 2 1/4 in. across top and 1 1/2 in. deep, inside 2 1/2 in. by 1 1/2 in. by 1 in. deep, this is the smallest gold/silver mold offered by the turn of the century assay supply houses, ex-Neil Tysver collection ( (Frederick W. Braun was running a successful Los Angeles business serving the mining, assay and laboratory communities around the turn of the 20th century.  Braun merged his company with the San Francisco based John Taylor Company in 1902.  After surviving the Great San Francisco Earthquake of 1906, when nearly the entire company's inventory was destroyed, Braun moved into new business ventures.  In 1908 Braun severed his ties with the F. W. Braun Corporation and joined with Gustav Knecht and Richard Heimann, two long-time Braun employees, to form Braun-Knecht-Heimann (B-K-H).  Heimann outlived both Braun and Knecht and ran the company through World War II.  In 1950 Heimann retired and sold B-K-H to George Van Waters and Nat Rogers.  Van Waters and Rogers (VWR) had been in business since 1924 in downtown Seattle and had been a major distributor of B-K-H since 1930.  In 1953, VWR purchased the F. W. Braun Company, then known as the Braun Chemical Company.  Today, VWR International still continues in business with headquarters in West Chester, PA.)  
Braun 15 oz Silver Mold
Calkins 20 oz Mold
Calkins 20 oz Mold and Lamp
Justinian Caire Co.
Gold-Silver Mold - Calkins Marking

Braun 15 oz Silver Mold Top | BRAUN 15 OZ SILVER MOLD - Iron gold and silver bar mold, marked F. W. BRAUN CO. along bottom edge with 15 OZ S. 28 OZ G. along top edge, outside measurements 4 3/4 in. long by 2 1/4 in. across top and 1 1/2 in. deep, inside 2 1/2 in. by 1 1/2 in. by 1 in. deep, this is the smallest gold/silver mold offered by the turn of the century assay supply houses, ex-Neil Tysver collection ( (Frederick W. Braun was running a successful Los Angeles business serving the mining, assay and laboratory communities around the turn of the 20th century. Braun merged his company with the San Francisco based John Taylor Company in 1902. After surviving the Great San Francisco Earthquake of 1906, when nearly the entire company's inventory was destroyed, Braun moved into new business ventures. In 1908 Braun severed his ties with the F. W. Braun Corporation and joined with Gustav Knecht and Richard Heimann, two long-time Braun employees, to form Braun-Knecht-Heimann (B-K-H). Heimann outlived both Braun and Knecht and ran the company through World War II. In 1950 Heimann retired and sold B-K-H to George Van Waters and Nat Rogers. Van Waters and Rogers (VWR) had been in business since 1924 in downtown Seattle and had been a major distributor of B-K-H since 1930. In 1953, VWR purchased the F. W. Braun Company, then known as the Braun Chemical Company. Today, VWR International still continues in business with headquarters in West Chester, PA.) Download Original Image
Total images: 226 | Last update: 10/31/17 4:34 PM | Help