Up Miscellaneous Mining Items Prev Next Slideshow

 Previous image  Next image  Index page  Original Image [Eveready Mining Flashlight Permissible Approval.JPG - 442kB]
Dupont Letter Openers Reverse
Instructions pages 12&13
Eveready Mining Flashlight
Eveready Mining Flashlight Lens
Eveready Mining Flashlight Cap Marking
  Eveready Mining Flashlight Permissible Approval.JPG - EVEREADY MINING FLASHLIGHT - Hard to find mining flashlight, approved by the Bureau of Mines for underground use, nickel-plated brass tube with side slide switch, 9 1/2 in. long, base cap 1 5/8 in. dia., uses three D size batteries, marked on end cap EVEREADY MADE IN U.S.A., marked on tube with brass plaque PERMISSIBLE ELECTRIC FLASHLIGHT APPROVAL NO. 601, issued to National Carbon Co. New York, NY; (The Eveready flashlight was the first flashlight approved by the Bureau of Mines for use underground.  It was designed for the use of mine officials, rescue workers, and other where a special safety lamp was required for inspection service underground.  Approval was granted as No. 601 on October 22, 1924 to the National Carbon Co., a unit of Union Carbide and Chemical Corporation.  It was the only approved flashlight on the 1930 Bureau of Mines “Permissible Electric Mine Lamps” Bulletin 332 by L. C. Ilsley and A. B. Hooker.  The nickel-plated case, switch, rear cap, unit cells and focusing feature are the same as in the regulat models of the Eveready flashlights, and as such, are standard parts.  The special safety features of the lamp include a device which ejects the bulb and extinguishes the filament if the bulb glass is broken, a special bulb having extra thick glass, a brass bezel ring and plain plate glass lens.  The lamp was approved for both 2 and 3 cell sizes, the bulbs in each case having the same current rating.  The 3 cell flashlight was approved using the Eveready 1162 bulb manufactured by Edison Lamp Works of General Electric Co.)  
Eveready Permissible Family
Instructions pages 1&2
Eveready Single Shot Blaster and Firing Unit
Eveready Single Shot Blaster Side Marking
Eveready Single Shot Blaster and Firing Unit Showing Contact Point

Eveready Mining Flashlight Permissible Approval | EVEREADY MINING FLASHLIGHT - Hard to find mining flashlight, approved by the Bureau of Mines for underground use, nickel-plated brass tube with side slide switch, 9 1/2 in. long, base cap 1 5/8 in. dia., uses three D size batteries, marked on end cap EVEREADY MADE IN U.S.A., marked on tube with brass plaque PERMISSIBLE ELECTRIC FLASHLIGHT APPROVAL NO. 601, issued to National Carbon Co. New York, NY; (The Eveready flashlight was the first flashlight approved by the Bureau of Mines for use underground. It was designed for the use of mine officials, rescue workers, and other where a special safety lamp was required for inspection service underground. Approval was granted as No. 601 on October 22, 1924 to the National Carbon Co., a unit of Union Carbide and Chemical Corporation. It was the only approved flashlight on the 1930 Bureau of Mines “Permissible Electric Mine Lamps” Bulletin 332 by L. C. Ilsley and A. B. Hooker. The nickel-plated case, switch, rear cap, unit cells and focusing feature are the same as in the regulat models of the Eveready flashlights, and as such, are standard parts. The special safety features of the lamp include a device which ejects the bulb and extinguishes the filament if the bulb glass is broken, a special bulb having extra thick glass, a brass bezel ring and plain plate glass lens. The lamp was approved for both 2 and 3 cell sizes, the bulbs in each case having the same current rating. The 3 cell flashlight was approved using the Eveready 1162 bulb manufactured by Edison Lamp Works of General Electric Co.) Download Original Image
Total images: 226 | Last update: 10/31/17 4:34 PM | Help