Up Miscellaneous Mining Items Prev Next Slideshow

 Previous image  Next image  Index page  Original Image [Hendrie & Bolthoff Ore Car Tag.JPG - 311kB]
Hardsocg Miners Canteen
Hardsocg Oil Cadger Belt Loop
Hardsocg Miners Canteen Marking
Hardsocg Miners Canteen Top
Hendrie & Bolthoff Ad from the July 26, 1907 Edition of Mines and Mining
  Hendrie & Bolthoff Ore Car Tag.JPG - HENDRIE & BOLTHOFF ORE CAR TAG - Brass ore car tag, marked THE HENDRIE & BOLTHOFF MFG. & SUPPLY CO. MACHINERY DENVER, COLORADO, 3.0 x 2.0 in., salvaged from the wreckage of an ore car that ran off the tailings pile of a minenear Bonanza, Colorado  [Charles Hendrie, Sr. of Burlington, Iowa and his three sons, Will, Edwin, and Charles Francis Hendrie, Jr. (1838-1915), moved to Black Hawk and Central City, Colorado around 1861 and founded the Eureka Foundry and Machine Shop.  Older sons Will and Charles, Jr. went to work for their father and in 1863, the name of the foundry was changed to Hendrie Bros., Proprietors, C.F. Hendrie and W.C. Hendrie. Around 1866 Henry Bolthoff joined the organization and in 1873 the firm was incorporated into Hendrie Bros. & Bolthoff. Charles F. Hendrie, Jr. married Sarah Adams, and had three daughters, Edna, Marion, and Jennie. The youngest son Edwin, moved to Butte, Mont. where he opened a branch of the company; he met and married Marion Carnes. They later moved to San Francisco, Calif. and around 1876 settled in Denver, Colorado where he worked in the Denver branch of the company. In 1878 the firm was incorporated as Hendrie & Bolthoff Manufacturing Company and the Central City operation was sold.  At the time, the company was one of the largest Colorado manufacturers of mining equipment providing stamp mills, ore crushers, ore concentrators, engine hoists, ore cars, mining cages, smelting furnaces, and all types of mining supplies to the mining industry throughout the United States. In 1893 a new corporation was organized, The Hendrie & Bolthoff Manufacturing & Supply Company, and in 1902 the company bought the Denver City Railway Building on Seventeenth St. and remained at this location till 1971 using the large floor areas as showrooms, offices, storage, and manufacturing .  Twenty-two years later, the Hendrie and Bolthoff building was renovated into residential loft and retail space.]  
Hercules Match Safe Front
Hercules Match Safe Back
Hercules Match Safe Side
Hercules Powder Company Trade Mark
Hercules Miner's Best Friend Match Safe Front

Hendrie & Bolthoff Ore Car Tag | HENDRIE & BOLTHOFF ORE CAR TAG - Brass ore car tag, marked THE HENDRIE & BOLTHOFF MFG. & SUPPLY CO. MACHINERY DENVER, COLORADO, 3.0 x 2.0 in., salvaged from the wreckage of an ore car that ran off the tailings pile of a mine near Bonanza, Colorado [Charles Hendrie, Sr. of Burlington, Iowa and his three sons, Will, Edwin, and Charles Francis Hendrie, Jr. (1838-1915), moved to Black Hawk and Central City, Colorado around 1861 and founded the Eureka Foundry and Machine Shop. Older sons Will and Charles, Jr. went to work for their father and in 1863, the name of the foundry was changed to Hendrie Bros., Proprietors, C.F. Hendrie and W.C. Hendrie. Around 1866 Henry Bolthoff joined the organization and in 1873 the firm was incorporated into Hendrie Bros. & Bolthoff. Charles F. Hendrie, Jr. married Sarah Adams, and had three daughters, Edna, Marion, and Jennie. The youngest son Edwin, moved to Butte, Mont. where he opened a branch of the company; he met and married Marion Carnes. They later moved to San Francisco, Calif. and around 1876 settled in Denver, Colorado where he worked in the Denver branch of the company. In 1878 the firm was incorporated as Hendrie & Bolthoff Manufacturing Company and the Central City operation was sold. At the time, the company was one of the largest Colorado manufacturers of mining equipment providing stamp mills, ore crushers, ore concentrators, engine hoists, ore cars, mining cages, smelting furnaces, and all types of mining supplies to the mining industry throughout the United States. In 1893 a new corporation was organized, The Hendrie & Bolthoff Manufacturing & Supply Company, and in 1902 the company bought the Denver City Railway Building on Seventeenth St. and remained at this location till 1971 using the large floor areas as showrooms, offices, storage, and manufacturing . Twenty-two years later, the Hendrie and Bolthoff building was renovated into residential loft and retail space.] Download Original Image
Total images: 226 | Last update: 10/31/17 4:34 PM | Help