Up Miscellaneous Mining Items Prev Next Slideshow

 Previous image  Next image  Index page  Original Image [Silver-Gold Mold - Braun 500 Oz Gold.JPG - 986kB]
J Caire Silver Mold
F W Braun & Co 1901 Mines and Minerals
Gold-Silver Mold - Braun Marking
Gold-Silver Mold - Braun
Silver-Gold Mold - Braun 500 Oz Gold Marking
  Silver-Gold Mold - Braun 500 Oz Gold.JPG - F. W. BRAUN 500 OZ GOLD MOLD - Iron gold and silver bar mold, marked F. W. BRAUN with 500 O G 275 O S along top, outside measurements 12 in. long by 4 1/2 in. across top and 3 3/4 in. deep, inside 7 1/8 in. by 3in. by 2 3/4 in. deep, weighs 20 lbs., traces of gold on inside, carbide cap lamp shown for scale (Frederick W. Braun was running a successful business serving the mining, assay and laboratory communities around the turn of the 20th century.  Braun merged his company with the San Francisco based John Taylor Company in 1902.  After surviving the Great San Francisco Earthquake of 1906, when nearly the entire company's inventory was destroyed, Braun moved into new business ventures.  In 1908 Braun severed his ties with the F. W. Braun Corporation and joined with Gustav Knecht and Richard Heimann, two long-time Braun employees, to form Braun-Knecht-Heimann (B-K-H).  Heimann outlived both Braun and Knecht and ran the company through World War II.  In 1950 Heimann retired and sold B-K-H to George Van Waters and Nat Rogers.  Van Waters and Rogers (VWR) had been in business since 1924 in downtown Seattle and had been a major distributor of B-K-H since 1930.  In 1953, VWR purchased the F. W. Braun Company, then known as the Braun Chemical Company.  Today, VWR International still continues in business with headquarters in West Chester, PA.)  
Gold-Silver Mold - Foundry Marked
John Taylor & Co May 1902 Engineering and Mining Journal
John Taylor 428 oz Silver Ingot Mold Top
John Taylor 428 oz Silver Ingot Mold Front
Gold-Silver Mold - Taylor

Silver-Gold Mold - Braun 500 Oz Gold | F. W. BRAUN 500 OZ GOLD MOLD - Iron gold and silver bar mold, marked F. W. BRAUN with 500 O G 275 O S along top, outside measurements 12 in. long by 4 1/2 in. across top and 3 3/4 in. deep, inside 7 1/8 in. by 3 in. by 2 3/4 in. deep, weighs 20 lbs., traces of gold on inside, carbide cap lamp shown for scale (Frederick W. Braun was running a successful business serving the mining, assay and laboratory communities around the turn of the 20th century. Braun merged his company with the San Francisco based John Taylor Company in 1902. After surviving the Great San Francisco Earthquake of 1906, when nearly the entire company's inventory was destroyed, Braun moved into new business ventures. In 1908 Braun severed his ties with the F. W. Braun Corporation and joined with Gustav Knecht and Richard Heimann, two long-time Braun employees, to form Braun-Knecht-Heimann (B-K-H). Heimann outlived both Braun and Knecht and ran the company through World War II. In 1950 Heimann retired and sold B-K-H to George Van Waters and Nat Rogers. Van Waters and Rogers (VWR) had been in business since 1924 in downtown Seattle and had been a major distributor of B-K-H since 1930. In 1953, VWR purchased the F. W. Braun Company, then known as the Braun Chemical Company. Today, VWR International still continues in business with headquarters in West Chester, PA.) Download Original Image
Total images: 226 | Last update: 10/31/17 4:34 PM | Help