Up Oilwick Lamps Prev Next Slideshow

 Previous image  Next image  Index page  Original Image [Cherry LSide.JPG - 891kB]
C George IV
C George IV Lid Marking
C George IV Marking
Cherry RSide
Cherry Marking
  Cherry LSide.JPG - CHERRY - Tin face lamp with very rare marking of two cherries on a stem, 1 7/8 in. high to top of lid, 1 1/2 in. dia., double spout, NOS condition, ex-John Leahycollection with L-148 label on bottom, originally obtained from Klein's general store and Post Office in Adamsburg, PA which later became a grocery store until its closing in 1953  (The wick lamps manufactured by C. Cherry are marked with a trademark of two cherries on a stem.  Brothers Hugh and Louis Demmler entered the wick lamp supply business in 1889 advertising Demmler Bros. as the successors to C. Cherry wick lamps. The Demmlers were unable to acquire the trademark so the stamping on Demmler lamps was changed to side by side stampings of CHIRRY with a four-quartered circle in between the names.)  
Chirry Chirry RSide
Chirry Chirry Inside
Chirry Chirry LSide
Chirry Chirry Marking
Consol RSide

Cherry LSide | CHERRY - Tin face lamp with very rare marking of two cherries on a stem, 1 7/8 in. high to top of lid, 1 1/2 in. dia., double spout, NOS condition, ex-John Leahy collection with L-148 label on bottom, originally obtained from Klein's general store and Post Office in Adamsburg, PA which later became a grocery store until its closing in 1953 (The wick lamps manufactured by C. Cherry are marked with a trademark of two cherries on a stem. Brothers Hugh and Louis Demmler entered the wick lamp supply business in 1889 advertising Demmler Bros. as the successors to C. Cherry wick lamps. The Demmlers were unable to acquire the trademark so the stamping on Demmler lamps was changed to side by side stampings of CHIRRY with a four-quartered circle in between the names.) Download Original Image
Total images: 714 | Last update: 8/7/16 2:45 PM | Help