Up Safety Lamps Prev Next Slideshow

 Previous image  Next image  Index page  Original Image [Everhart Open.jpg - 1.2MB]
Davis Aluminum Base
Davis Aluminum Marking
Davis Deputy Ad
Everhart Brass  Works Ad 1907 Coal Field Directory
Everhart
  Everhart Open.jpg - EVERHART BRASS WORKS DAVY - Brass Davy style safety lamp, 9 1/4 in. tall, 3 3/8 in. base dia., marked on hood EVERHART BRASS WORKS SCRANTON, PA, marked 17 on screw lock and 5 on inside of base, complete with flat wick and wick lifter  [The Scranton Brass and File Works was founded in 1853 by John McLaren.  The company was a manufacturer of brass work for water, gas and steam as well as Carr and Wilson’s patent cut files.  Originally located in Pittston, PA, the company was moved to Scranton in 1865.  In 1871, James M. Everhart purchased a half-interest in the firm and the company continued as McLaren and Everhart.  McLaren died in 1873 and Everhart became the sole proprietor of the Scranton Brass Works.  Dr. Isaiah Fawkes Everhart, James’s brother, became an active investor in the company and served for a time as president of the company.  An ad in the 1891Colliery Engineer Pocket-book of Principles Rules, Formulæ, and Tables shown in the next pic notes that the Scranton Brass Works and James Everhart was a manufacturer of all types of safety lamps picturing both a Davy and bullseye surveying  lamp.  James Everhart died in May 1897 at the age of 69.  After his death, the company’s name was changed to the Everhart Brass Works.  Dr. Isaiah Everhart continued his interests in the company and in 1907, he gifted a museum to the city of Scranton that opened in 1908 as the Everhart Museum of Natural History, Science and Art.  The museum today is the largest general museum in Northeastern Pennsylvania.  He died in May 1911.  The Everhart Brass Works continued in business until the early 1940s.]   
Everhart Ad in 1891 Colliery Engineer
Everhart Flying Saucer
Everhart Flying Saucer Open
Everhart Clanny
Everhart Clanny Marking

Everhart Open | EVERHART BRASS WORKS DAVY - Brass Davy style safety lamp, 9 1/4 in. tall, 3 3/8 in. base dia., marked on hood EVERHART BRASS WORKS SCRANTON, PA, marked 17 on screw lock and 5 on inside of base, complete with flat wick and wick lifter [The Scranton Brass and File Works was founded in 1853 by John McLaren. The company was a manufacturer of brass work for water, gas and steam as well as Carr and Wilson’s patent cut files. Originally located in Pittston, PA, the company was moved to Scranton in 1865. In 1871, James M. Everhart purchased a half-interest in the firm and the company continued as McLaren and Everhart. McLaren died in 1873 and Everhart became the sole proprietor of the Scranton Brass Works. Dr. Isaiah Fawkes Everhart, James’s brother, became an active investor in the company and served for a time as president of the company. An ad in the 1891Colliery Engineer Pocket-book of Principles Rules, Formulæ, and Tables shown in the next pic notes that the Scranton Brass Works and James Everhart was a manufacturer of all types of safety lamps picturing both a Davy and bullseye surveying lamp. James Everhart died in May 1897 at the age of 69. After his death, the company’s name was changed to the Everhart Brass Works. Dr. Isaiah Everhart continued his interests in the company and in 1907, he gifted a museum to the city of Scranton that opened in 1908 as the Everhart Museum of Natural History, Science and Art. The museum today is the largest general museum in Northeastern Pennsylvania. He died in May 1911. The Everhart Brass Works continued in business until the early 1940s.] Download Original Image
Total images: 139 | Last update: 8/2/16 5:48 PM | Help